08 July 2008

I believe I mentioned recipes . . .

Cheese Ball:

Cream together in a mixer 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature, and 8 oz. sharp cheddar, finely shredded, also at room temp.  When well amalgamated, add 1 Tablespoon finely chopped onion, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon lemon juice (I used the juice of an entire half lemon), and a few dashes cayenne pepper.  Once it was all mixed up I globbed it onto a piece of waxed paper, wrapped it up, and put it into a roundish bowl in the fridge overnight.  After it stiffened up, I formed it into a more ball-like shape and rolled it in chopped toasted pecans.  

We always eat it with Wheat Thins.  My mother makes tons of this every Christmas.

1 comment:

KSG said...

This receipe can be cut in half very easily. Always a favorite with neighbors at Christmas.