11 December 2006

Well, the semester is winding down and I'm taking a break from grading papers.  The weather finally warmed up a bit this weekend and I took advantage of it, going up to NOVA where I wish I could say I did some kind of outdoorsy thing.  Nope.  But we did have a lovely brunch and watched "The Big Lebowski," which I'm sure must count for something.  

Also fully appreciated the effectiveness of the HOV lanes, which were (unusually for a Sunday) open going into the city rather than away from it.  It was far and away the least congested drive I've ever made up there.

And quick congratulations to my old high school, the Prattville Lions, who won the Alabama State Championship (6A), 35-21 over Hoover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question:

Does The Dude still abide?

Kelly said...

The Dude totally abides!