11 May 2006

Moving Day I

Tired, tired, tired. Started at eight this morning and just got finished. (Okay, took a break here and there.) And more of the same tomorrow! But at least there will be movers then.

Got almost all of the kitchen transferred, sans refrigerated food and teacups. Also all of closet and all of books save a few stragglers that just would not be packed. Actually, it's an interesting exercise in desert-island reading, so here are the titles:

  1. Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer
  2. Valley of Vision
  3. Bible (New Geneva Study Edition) "Bringing the light of the Reformation to Scripture"
  4. Mason-Dixon Knitting
  5. The Essential Calvin and Hobbes
  6. 1776
Okay, if I was actually composing a desert island list there would be some Jane Austen there as well, but the above pretty much covers all genres, save fiction.

Below are some pics of today's festivities.


2 comments:

Our Philosophy said...

I'm glad to see you still have your bible. The first time I read it, I thought you had packed that too!

Drink plenty of water tomorrow!

Sorry I was spacy tonight.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are keeping your since of humor about this move and keeping me poster. I'll be interested is hearing about how it goes tomorrow.

How was the outside temp?Love,
Mom