04 May 2006

All better!

Well, it took ten minutes on the phone with Verizon, thirty minutes with a contractor in India who specialized in Macs, and another ten minutes on the phone with Verizon, but the Internet is restored to my computer! Not only that, but my network is now password protected. Everything went amazingly well. I had to reconfigure my modem or something. I typed in a bunch of nonsensical numbers and suddenly it all worked. Yay!

And since I didn't swear or even want to swear during the whole ordeal, I treated myself to a Veggie Burrito Bol from Chipotle. The photo at right is not the actual thing I ate, but a picture of a similar one from earlier this year. Note the wedges of lime, which just brighten the whole thing and transform it into something sublime. Dee-licious.

Let's see, what else . . .

This week is Employee Appreciation Week at the Library, and instead of giving us each a crisp $20 and the afternoon off, they've decided to have all sorts of contests: photography, cooking, etc. I didn't enter any of the contests, but did enjoy the Open House yesterday. It was a nice opportunity to go to departments I don't usually see and get a perspective on what they do. There was a most excellent film telling the story of how Wise County got its first public library. (Wise County, by the way, is in extreme southwestern Virginia, so it didn't get a library until, like, the fifties.) Also there were lots of treats. Apparently their strategy is to fatten us up so no one else will want to hire us.

No comments: