17 June 2006

Make Way for Ducklings!



So, I was on my way to work this morning and decided to go via Broad Street so I could run by the Starbucks. I was leaving the complex and was stopped by a (herd? gaggle? clutch? flock?) of four ducks and at least ten little ducklings crossing the road, heading to the pond. It was just the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. And they were little ducklings too, tiny downy balls of fluff. Even better, as I waited for them to cross I noticed one of the adults hanging back, and I soon discovered it was because one of the babies had gotten separated and it waited for it. Too, too sweet. Just made my whole day.

After work I went to look for them and, while I didn't find the same ducks, I did get some pretty cute pictures of the avians that inhabit my neighborhood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... aren't they cute??!!??

Now.. on to business... I'm working on your next package... so:

1. I've gotten the hang of this two circular needle thing for socks, next I do:

a. More socks.. must perfect this.
b. I can do small yarn on small needles, maybe I should try lace. At least the needles are bigger.
c. A scarf.. time for something mindless
d. Something else

Please post your answer here, or drop me a line.

-Guess?

Anonymous said...

Cute,
I remember feeding marshmallows to the ducks that lived on the lake behind our house at Virginia Beach.

Do you remember the ducks, sometimes we had mallards, that roamed the street and driveway in Charleston?

I once found baby turkeys down by the creek on Holly; they were cute. I didn't have my camera, but it was sure fun enjoying watching the chicks follow their mom.

A couple of years later, I found about fifteen turkeys in the front yard, one cold January morning. I think they were feeding on acorns.

Love
Mom

Our Philosophy said...

Suzanna saw the ducks and said, "guck! guck!"