24 April 2006

I'm an archivist, baby!


And I know how to keep track of paper.

My Victory Lady membership apparently expired sometime over the weekend . . . three years, hard to believe. But as I was despairing I suddenly remembered I had a six months for free coupon stashed away in a folder marked "V" for Victory Lady. Sure enough, there it was. I tell you, the people were surprised - clearly very few people manage to keep up with those coupons.

Anyway.

The above is the promised picture of my weirdly large dishcloth. Clearly my gauge was way off, or maybe it has more to do with the fact that I didn't use the yarn called for. (The pattern called for Peaches n Creme, and I used some other cheap cotton yarn, Sugar and Cream, or something. Surely it's all the same? Surely not.) But I am pleased with it nonetheless, and I especially dig the way the slip stitch pattern makes it look all complicated. It's not. In fact, it's the work of only a few hours in front of the TV. This is the kind of knitting I get really excited about, mindless stuff that ends up looking great and turns otherwise wasted hours into an excellent dishcloth, or blanket, or whatever. I will be making many things from Mason Dixon Knitting.

In other news, I turned in my grades today and got my car inspected. It wasn't pretty. More on that later, after I've dried my tears.

No comments: