14 March 2006

I hate Tuesdays

Well, don't want to sound overly negative, but I am just not a fan of Tuesdays. I work all day, teach all night, then come home (hopefully before ten) and usually have to do something unpleasant, like change the litter box. By that point I have been condescended to by patrons, griped at by students, and haughtily meowed to by my cat, who can't believe I do anything as vulgar as work.

The only variation in the routine tonight was I had the bright idea of trying out the camera in night scenes. It's a gorgeous night here, full moon, clearing, Bradford Pear trees blooming, and finally a little cooler after the unseasonally scorching temperatures of this weekend.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

Clearly, something is desperately wrong here, but I'm not sure what. I tried a variety of ISO levels and they pretty much all looked like this. So it looks like my next Books-A-Million purchase will be Digital Photography for Dummies or similar.

In other news, I was reading the Best of the Web Today feature from the fabulous Opinion Journal and came across a story about how the New York Times published a big story about something or other on its front page. It was then shown wrong in some aspect, and published a retraction on page 17. I think the new rule should be that you have to publish your retraction on whatever page the story originally ran.

Oh, and this is my first post using the Firefox browser, which Blogger recommends. It's much easier than Safari. Note, especially, the prevalence of links in the blog now. Piece of cake using Firefox, requires editing html in Safari. Firefox is free, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Sorry about the picture. I'm looking forward to the cleaned-up version.
Mom